I live on the outskirts of San Antonio, Texas. I have an amazingly supportive family who all love animals as much as I do. We share our lives with Siberian Huskies. We are lucky to be apart of their pack. We also have cats, fish and this spring we will try our hand once again at raising chickens.
I am a Certified Puppy Start Right Preschool Instructor. Our preschool classroom curriculum is based on The Puppy Start Right book by Kenneth M. Martin,DVM and his wife, Debbie Martin, RVT, TVS (behavior), CPDT-KA, KPA CTP.
I am certified in Pet CPR and First Aid
I will be pursuing my Professional Dog Training Certification fall 2020.
I am also proficient in The Puppy Culture Program (The Powerful First 12 Weeks That Can Shape Your Puppy’s Future) and many of it’s companion videos. Puppy Culture was created by Jane Killion and is a program for breeders, as well as owners, trainers, veterinary staff and even rescues. This program educates on the importance of early puppy socialization. It also breaks down the puppy developmental stages and provides protocols to use to raise behaviorally sound puppies. These include:
- Take a Treat and Adding the Clicker
- Developmentally Appropriate Enrichment Activities
- Variety of Challenges (encourage problem solving)
- Clicker Training Games
- Potty Training and Crate Conditioning
- Resource Guarding and Exchanges
- Attention, Leash Walking and Body Handling
- Introducing Sit, Down, Recall, Heel Position, Crate Release, and more
At this time there is not a certificate program for Puppy Culture, if and when there is I will be taking it.
Other resources I have used to further my education include:
- The Power Of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller
- When Pig Fly, Training Success With Impossible Dogs By Jane Killion
- Train Your Dog Positively by Victoria Stilwell
- Perfect Puppy in 7 Days by Sophia Yin